Check the job postings below. If you think you'd be a good fit, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please send them to the same address.
Know someone else who would be a good fit? We're offering a $1,000 referral bonus if you put us in touch with the person we end up hiring. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc the recommended person, and tell us why they would be awesome for the position.
Lead Software Engineer
Full-time position in Toronto
Application deadline is June 12th, 2017
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Imagine watching HUNDREDS of drones flying together in a choreographed light show synced to music that was all designed using a software that YOU developed. Arrowonics is a startup company working on drone light shows using state of the art swarm technology. Using our prototype drones, Arrowonics became the first and the only company in Canada capable of flying large fleet of drones for entertainment. Building on top of our success in public performances so far, we are looking to optimize the show design process, creating a system that is intuitive and easy to use.
Arrowonics is looking for a Software Engineer to lead the development of an intuitive design software for drone shows. The software will be used to design drone light shows, including 3D path planning for multiple objects, timeline control, and user manipulation in 3D space. You’ll be responsible for finding an intuitive solution to bridge the gap between creative show designers and drone systems. Your work will enable a whole new form of entertainment that could be the future of fireworks. You’ll be joining as a key member of a dynamic and exciting team that is eager to explore the unknown and push the boundaries of entertainment.
- Design intuitive UI/UX for manipulating multiple objects in 3D space
- Create software architecture and design for review
- Develop software in appropriate coding language
- Understand the requirements of both the user and the drone systems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, including C# or Java
- Experience in designing, building, and testing desktop applications
- Experience in 3D libraries or engines, such as Unity
- Experience in multithreaded application, serial communication, and optimization